Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Letter to Bear

Prompt this morning at writing group was a teddy bear. The most wonderful, large, fuzzy, sweet bear--just the perfect size for holding and hugging. The word I drew was letter. So here is "Letter to Bear."


Dear Bear,

You're a wonderful bear--all fuzzy, plump, and cuddly. Just the right size. If you were my bear, I'd carry you around with me, and enjoy your softness. I understand why children love you so much, Bear, because you feel so good and comforting. I'd sit with you in my arms, while I watch TV or play on the computer. You'd give me comfort when I feel lonely, and I could talk to you and tell you why I was sad.

Toby is good company also, Bear. And I can talk to him and he seems to understand me. He sits beside me on the sofa in front of the TV, and I pet him and love on him. And he lies behind me in his bed in the office when I'm on the computer. But I can't sleep with him any more, Bear, like I could with you.

And Bear, you wouldn't wake me up too early in the morning. And I'd never have to take you out for potty breaks.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Toby should read and learn from Bear - don't make Mom go out too early in the mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete