Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Sheep Named Goddess

The prompts--A picture of an English sheep with long curly fleece, covering her eyes, and the word I drew was "goddess." A fun fantasy.


Just call me "Goddess." In the photo, they named me "sheep," but that just doesn't come close to doing me justice. What a mundane boring label; please, surely you can do better than that!

Notice the curly locks? Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? And the little white ears, sticking out, ever so pertly, from the long, flowing fleece. And the stately white muzzle--amazing! I must say, in all modesty, I'm the picture of statuesque beauty.

My mistress has quite a time when fair time comes. She spends hours grooming me, making me ready for the show. I've won lots of ribbons, of course. See all the blues on the wall over there? And some "Best in Show" trophies as well. I'm her top prize winner. No surprise there!

I've presented some children to her line of champions, but none yet that has surpassed my record.

My mistress absolutely adores me, of course. It's good to receive such well deserved appreciation. Even if she does decide to retire me next year, she says I'll have proven myself the best of my breed--champion forever!

My name is "Goddess." Appropriate, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment