Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bipolar Nonsense--6/1/10

Words I drew, and tried to use them all: dainty, weather, springs of grass
So just went off on a tangent of nonsense.


What is dainty weather anyway?
Is it light and fluffy, like snowflakes?
Or raindrops sprinkling on the pond?
Interesting concept.

What would be the opposite--heavy, menacing weather?
("Menace" is the word I put back last time. Then I drew it
again today.)
Oh no, that takes us back to the flood weekend.
Let's change the subject.

Sprigs of grass--reminds me of Walt Whitman's
"Leaves of Grass."
Which reminds me of the book I just finished,
"Eden's Outcasts."
About Alcott and Alcott--Louisa May and her father Bronson,
who were contemporaries of Whitman--but poles apart.

I'm skipping from thought to thought today--
So much heaviness has necessitated light, frothy,
inconsequential ponderings.
I'm through.

No comments:

Post a Comment